I have been licensed to practice in the state of New Mexico since September 2006. After working almost 11 years in New Mexico's Public Defender Office I opened my own private practice, where I offer a wide range of general law services. Whether you need assistance with updating your will, defending a DWI, or representing your concerns in a divorce I will provide the legal expertise you are looking for.
- Lead council for DeAngelo M., a child accused of 1st degree murder, aggravated burglary, tampering with evidence plus other charges.
- Responsible for writing all pre-trial motions, trial preparation and Jury selection.
- Responsible for the cross examination of all witnesses plus direct examination of witnesses the defense team used at trial.
- Used Power Point, Flip Charts and ELMO media in the presentation of closing arguments to the Jurors.
- Composed and filed the Docketing statement to the Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of New Mexico, both reversed and remanded for a new trial based on the State not overcoming the rebuttable presumption of DeAngelo M. being mature enough to knowingly waive his Miranda rights.
- Lead and sole council for the second trial.
A second appeal has been filed based on insufficient evidence, abuse of discretion, prosecutorial misconduct and lack of timely disclosure of exculpatory evidence.
Other Bench and Jury trial experience includes:
- Arson and attempted murder
- Child abuse with great bodily harm
- Battery on a police officer
- Criminal sexual contact/penetration
- Drug trafficking, possession of a controlled substance
- Vehicular homicide
- Burglary. armed robbery, receiving stolen property.
I have been involved in hundreds if not thousands of court hearings and trials. These are just a few examples.